Google
 
Web citizenbosco.blogspot.com

23.1.06

War of the Worlds

War of the Worlds - 2005
It's Cruise time again. I like the guy even though he has a scary (but kinda dashing too) smile. He plays a working class dude this time round and does it very well forsooth. He proves entertaining to watch throughout, mainly due to the difficult, amusing and touching relations with his children. The film keeps you on tender hooks all the way to the rather sudden end, explained off by bacteria I presume. The survival of the son is a bit happy happy for me. Robbie should have perished like a dog damn it, possibly impaled on the tripod's legs. I really appreciate a heavy dose of imagination in films and much can be extracted from the brilliant book (which I have not read, but am presuming is brilliant). The spreading out of the guts is quite wonderful and the mass extinction of the wretched humans quite understandable really. I think Earth needs an alien attack to bring back some apprecation of the tenderness and beauty of life you moaning bastards. hah! Joking... or am I... find out in next week's episode of... The film has been judged good. 8/10

Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?