Google
 
Web citizenbosco.blogspot.com

25.2.06

Pride and Prejudice

Pride and Prejudice - 2005
I'm 25 and have managed to avoid Jane Austin until now... I suppose having a girlfriend allows me to appreciate the finer things and this film is that. Set in Georgian England and revolving around five sisters of the Bennet family: Jane, Elizabeth, Mary, Kitty and Lydia, it's about Love, class, propriety and society. Donald Sutherland plays the father, Mr Bennet, with warmth and pride and he is fast becoming one of my fave old dude actors. The normal wealthy Mr Bingley and the ragingly wealthy and stern/proud/shy Mr Darcy arrive locally gathering up the attention of the lovely Bennet daughters and their mother who is eager to marry off her horde of delicate young English ladies. The quiet one, Mary, is played by Talulah Riley and I think she is delightful. Sorry I just need to note that. Hope I see more of Talulah on screen.
Now English girls, I believe, can be the loveliest and prettiest known to Man worldwide. Delicate features, innocence, pale rosy skin, lovely necks and the most appealing accents and language skills. Of course we also have many women in this country that are very much concerned with becoming a man. Damn, there are some butch monster women in this country. Things so ugly they may cause a series of spasms resulting in the consumption of one's own penis. There are a lot of ugly trees to fall off I think in Britain.
Anyway, Like the guy on the DVD extras says dating was so much easier then; you simply had to follow rules of etiquette. No awkward should i shake her hand, kiss her cheek, hug her, squeeze a boob, caress her cheek, eat her foot... just ways a man should act. Damn, touch meant so much more back then. It's such a big thing when Mr Darcy gently holds Elizabeth's hand a bit to help her on the carriage. Now you can witness two strangers sucking each other inside out on the dance floor of your local stinky sweaty tits-hanging-out night club. Anyway, the film is worth watching and I think men can take something away from this film. 7.5/10

Comments:
I remember the only Jane Austen film I ever watched - Sense & Sensibility. I went there by myself (!) and it was full of old couples!

Whilst you say that men can take something away from the film, Pride and Prejudice, we should really question your girlfriend to see if you've really learnt anything!

;)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?