Google
 
Web citizenbosco.blogspot.com

10.2.06

Shaolin Soccer 少林足球 and Kung Fu Hustle 功夫

Shaolin Soccer – 2001
Stephen Chow could be my favorite comedian ever. This film and Kung Fu Hustle made me laugh so much. He seems to relish in suddenly revealing a poor and completely ordinary person to be some kind of stupidly skillful kung-fu master. So many great moments like the ET bit. These films are excellent if you are feeling a bit down. If you die without seeing one of these films then your life was a hollow piece of nothingness. 7.5/10

"I want to say hello to my parents and my Kung Fu master, but they're all dead."

My review of Kung Fu Hustle from my old site:
Kung Fu Hustle (Gong Fu) – 2004
Directing and acting, Stephen Chow rules. I just love that knife throwing moment and the landlord falling out the window. Expect the unexpected with this one. Very amusing almost constantly, set in 1940s shanghai. Starting with an excellent dance routine. Fully recommended. 7.5/10

Comments:
Search Livejournal and you will find people who don't get this kind of comedy. It's the first movie that I've laughed that much at in a long time, that alone makes it odd.
 
Hey there Bosco,

Sorry for not writing MUCH earlier but been snowed under with work and family (hence writing to you 2 months after you left your comment!). Sadly this has also left me little time to watch many films either.

Just wanted to say thanks for leaving a comment on my site because you are the first 'outsider' (i.e. someone I've never met in real life) to comment on it!

Having a look about on your site, you have indeed got the hang of short film reviews although they have tended to become a bit longer recently! ;)

Shaolin Soccer is brillant. Just so mad and stupid and hilarious at the same time. Stephen Chow must be on some of drugs to have that sort of creativity! And Kung Fu Hustle was excellent too - although the first time I saw it, I thought it was really brutal and violent!
 
Yeah it is quite brutal... some of the violence was unnecessary really; it could have been a real family film with the kind of humour it uses.
Anyway, thanks for your comments! I will link your site to mine soon. Keep up the good work.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?