Google
 
Web citizenbosco.blogspot.com

23.7.06

Azumi あずみ

Azumi – 2003
I'm back! After so long without watching a film I am back! In fact, this film, Azumi, I watched many long days ago, but have been far to lazy to write my review. But, by God, I will pointlessly review every film I watch... oh yes I will. It's this thing, this thing I must do. Now Azumi is pretty good. It is a bit more than your standard samurai/ninja/bandits/assassins Tokugawa-era Japanese fighting type flick. Yes it includes all those infinitely cool character types but includes some thoughful and emotional moments too and a worthy story. Ahhh shit I don't remember it so clearly now. I really should have reviewed it shortly after watching it. Anyway, the main character is a female assassin-warrior played by Aya Ueto (very nice smile that you won't see much in the actual film because she is too busy hacking enemies up or being forlorn – see the extras on the DVD for girly smile) extremely well. The main villian is created brilliantly by Joe Odagiri (see Shinobi too). This effeminate and totally insane bad guy could be the most fucked up I have seen in some time.
The first section of the film is quite heart wrenching (and some later parts). After the battle of Sekigahara 10 young, close and happy warriors are brought up, by a master in martial arts and war, to be great assassins in order to bring down all potential peace-destroyers; the warlords keen on bringing down the current shogunate. The master's first real test requires that the 10 become 5. To be true cold-blooded assassins they must pair off and kill their best friends in a fight to the death. The survivors must then hunt down and ruthlessly kill the enemy warlords. Go watch... now. 7.5/10

Comments:
It might seem a bit pointless to you, reviewing all these films, but at least you’re helping some others of us avoid the more vagrant-in-a-bag-being-pissed-upon kind. What, a minute… avoid? I mean find and download immediately. Cheers, a Tepet monk (wounded running away from action).
 
Haha! Hey dude! How things?
 
They're cool, thanks, how about with you? You still working at the Evenin' Mail, doing the same crappy/fantastic/mediocre job? I'm still up in the North East, almost finished writing the first of a trilogy of fantasy/historical fiction books with four very familiar characters as the main protagonists ;) I take it Halo-age still occurs even without this shotgun-toting camping bastard? :)
 
Wow you have almost finished your novel? Please send me a sample. I always wanted to do that! Maybe I will some day. I have written some ideas. Mayhaps we can write a novel together and become rich... rich I tell ya...ahahahahaha. The job is crappy, but am looking again now. No Halo in sooo long, but plenty of other 360 games to keep me happy. Send me that sample and I will reply to you in epic detail from work, of course.
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?