Google
 
Web citizenbosco.blogspot.com

25.11.06

Tristan + Isolde (SPOILERS)

Tristan + Isolde – 2006
This is a well-done tragic love story set in the highly interesting and mysterious Dark Ages of Britain (Cornwall mostly). The shooting style is pretty much the same as Antoine Fuqua's King Arthur. A good looking cast with King Marke (Rufus Sewell) standing out in terms of performance. I also quite liked American James Franco as Tristram. he was pretty solid and could handle the romance. He also plays Harry Osborn in the recent Spider Man films.
However, Much is unrealistic, ill-thought out and stupid. People falling into traps far too easily; Tristans escape from Ireland unnoticed; the stupid trapdoor no one discovers only a long period of time; the fact Tristan and Isolde finally get discovered when they would have been able to hear the mass of running horses coming from far away.
Despite the plot holes I did enjoy this film; it maintains scenic beauty throughout and wonderful costumes. The action scenes are pretty good too, though obviously on a smaller scale due to budget, with rather silly tiny armies. It is worth seeing. 5.5/10

Comments:
Didn't see the film, don't care to. This is a message for you Bosco. Just thought I would drop you a unexpected line. I see you have changed my old friend, as have I. No longer the people we used to be. So the clue is here somewhere, work out who I am and drop me a line, the e-mail is the same as it has always been, some things never change. Until then, take care.
 
A Ghost shrounded in Fog?

Glad you found my film site. Expect a long email soon! I'm moving closer to you in the new year too. Got a job starting January in Central Laaandaaan.

Best wishes
Bosco
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?